Wednesday 15 May 2013

O- Day

'O' for Opposite


opposite, n.  -a person or thing that is totally different from or the reverse of someone or something else.

When you were a kid (or at least at my primary school anyway) every now and then, you or one of your friends would decide they were in the mood for an opposite day. So I decided to try and re-live some of my childhood and let 'O' stand for OPPOSITE. Let the confusion begin!

When people asked me, "what day is it today?" I would tell them, "it's not opposite day..." Which was confusing to begin with because was I telling them it wasn't opposite day or was I really telling them it was opposite day but because it was opposite day I had to tell them it wasn't opposite day... I don't know! Well... I did know, but no one else did.

It was an interesting experience for the time I kept it up, telling people I had done loads of revision, saying I was feeling horrible, and casually dropping in to the conversation that I hate the person I'm talking to, which, of course I meant the opposite of, but to anyone eavesdropping I must have sounded very blunt... and mean... and lacking in social skills.

The day ended with a wonderful home group beach bbq and bonfire which was awesome! I mean it really was awesome, 'cos it's not opposite day anymore, so I'm telling the truth, seriously. It was complete with sausages, home made burgers, ribs, even a bottle of prosecco (only in St Andrews) and strawberry racing! Well, we roasted the strawberries, but on the phone with the wind and all, I definitely heard Steve tell me they were racing strawberries, not roasting them... which is probably more weird on my half for just accepting that they were racing strawberries without asking questions... but anyway, that was O- Day.


soooooo behind with this, oopsy!








No comments:

Post a Comment